The roots of the University of Wolverhampton lie in the 19th century growth of Mechanics Institutes, providing vocational and general education for working men. In Wolverhampton the Free Library (1870) developed technical, scientific, commercial and general classes, while a School of Art, established in 1851, had been developed into the Municipal School for Art in new buildings by 1885. By 1903, we had courses in coach building, house painting and pattern making.
With a over 180 years of pioneering education for all, the University is now a global provider of entrepreneurial education. The university can support you and your business in a variety of ways. If you have a great business idea and need help to make it happen, or you’re already up and running and want that extra support to take your business to the next level, the university is on hand to provide you and your business with everything you need.
- Access new skills via our Knowledge Transfer programmes
- Locate your business at the University of Wolverhampton Science Park
- Improve business productivity and efficiency through the use of new technology
- Help run your business on the go using our Agile Office Demonstration Centre
- Put new ideas to the test through our Innovative Product Support Service (IPSS)
- Free support in the development of products and services that reduce carbon usage through the BECCI Project
- Support for inventors with Caparo Innovation Centre (CIC)
For more information on how you can access the latest expertise and support from the University's business teams, please email the Black Country Growth Hub or call 01902 321272.