Invest Black Country is the inward investment organisation for the Black Country, an economic region of over 1 million people located at the heart of England comprising the areas of Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
Invest Black Country works with businesses that are looking to expand or relocate to demonstrate why being in the Black Country makes business sense. Dynamic and enterprising, the Black Country is ripe with truly unique investment opportunities. From manufacturing to transport infrastructure, education to culture, this area is rich with resources and is open to development.
The Black Country is not simply the home to over a million people; it's a place of opportunity for any potential investor or business. The Black Country is centrally located and well connected. Whether accessing markets or suppliers overseas or within the UK, reaching them is easy - almost 90% of the UK population is within a 4 hour drive, London is less than two hours by train and Birmingham International Airport connects the region to hundreds of domestic, European and international destinations.
The mix of low operating costs, collaborative partnerships and world-class engineering skills has created the perfect environment for companies across multiple sectors to thrive. It has already enabled the success of a diverse range of businesses here. Links between education and industry put the Black Country at the pinnacle of innovation, research and development in key sectors.
We know that expanding or relocating a major business decision and that the early days in the new area can be critical to the success of your business. To help you have a soft landing here in the Black Country and build your business from day one we have developed a package of support to welcome you to the Black Country and help you to grow and thrive here to become firmly entrenched at the heart of the Black Country business community.
We will support you to develop your business case for locating in the Black Country.
- Economic and market intelligence to identify opportunities in the Black Country for your business
- Land and property searches and accompanied site visits
- Introductions to strategic partners, networks and relevant people
- Meetings with existing Black Country businesses and investors to find out why the Black Country is best place for your business
- A free recruitment service using jobshops and partners across the Black Country
- Support and funding for recruiting and training apprentices
- Tailor-made training through Black Country Skills Factory and our further education colleges
- Access to graduates and interns from across the wider West Midlands region through University of Wolverhampton and Graduate Advantage
- Fast track planning on certain sites
- Key employment sites with Enterprise Zone incentives
- Start-up and managed commercial property
- Named contact at your local council for local issues
- Support to identify and access finance for growth
- Support to identify and access innovation opportunities including the Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Network collaborations with University of Wolverhampton
- Black Country Bullet and Find It in the Black Country tools and Meet the Buyer events to help you to develop your supply chain and access new opportunities
- Feature in our publications and press releases
- Act as a case study in our campaign to promote the Black Country as a place for business
- Access key influencers and decision makers to play a part in the strategic direction of the region
We will work with our partners to offer a bespoke package of support to help you find the best staff for your business. Recruitment and training support available includes:
We will work with our partners to provide a dedicated property and development team, responsive to your individual needs, offering:
We want your business to be successful in the Black Country so we will support you to thrive and grow.
Be part of the Black Country
We will work with you and our partners to raise the profile of your business and to help you become part of the Black Country business community.