This page sets out how the Black Country Growth Hub uses and protects any personal data that is provided to us.
We acknowledge that personal data is important and you are placing your trust in the way we handle your information. We are therefore committed to ensuring any such information is protected. This is a responsibility we take seriously which is why we have implemented systems, procedures and policies designed to ensure that any personal information we collect and use is done so proportionately, correctly and safely.
We adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 and have registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller. For further information, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.org.uk.
This policy may change from time to time to reflect change in the law and/or how we operate. This version of the policy has taken effect from 1 Feb 2018.
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title;
• contact information including email address;
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
• other information relevant to the services we provide or may provide;
• equality data (to be used to measure whether we are complying with our obligations under equalities legislation) and to ensure that we can tailor our services to meet your requirements;
• Service delivery information
The information we obtain enables us to understand your requirements and helps us to deliver a better service. It may be used for:
• internal record keeping;
• improving our communications, services and delivery methods;
• audits and assessments of the services we provide;
• promotional emails and/or correspondence may be distributed to advise about new initiatives, opportunities or other information we think you may find interesting;
• sharing your contact details with third parties (ie., our partners) in order that they may contact you regarding the provision of relevant support options or opportunities (where you have expressly consented to this).
• potentially contacting you occasionally for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post and we may use the information to tailor the website according to your interests.
Our commitment to ensuring your information is secure demands that the information we collect online is safeguarded and secure. Suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of any information, but if you believe we have allowed your personal data to be accessed or disclosed without your permission, please contact us immediately.
You are entitled by law to request access to any personal data we hold for you, and you also have the right to request for us to stop processing your personal data. Whilst we will endeavour to comply with your request, some circumstances may apply where may not be able to do so (for example, if information held was given in confidence or if we are required to comply with a legal requirement by holding or processing information). To make a request, please contact us using our details outlined below.
We try to maintain correct and accurate information but occasionally the personal data we hold may become outdated or might be recorded incorrectly. If changes need to be made to your personal data, contact us and we will investigate any errors and make necessary corrections where appropriate.
Your personal data will not be used for third party marketing purposes without your prior express consent, nor will we pass on your personal data to third parties unless:
• we are permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998; or,
• we have received your permission to do so.
We may contact you if you have opted in to receiving information about related services provided by us but should you wish to no longer receive such information, please advise us and we will update our records.
Also, please contact us if you have previously provided us with permission to share your contact details with third parties and have since changed your mind.
Our website may contain links to other websites and you may consent your permission for us to provide your details to third parties. Please note:
• we have no control over other websites or third parties, and cannot be held responsible for the protection or privacy of any information provided to any such site or third party;
• other websites and/or third parties are not governed by our privacy statement, so we advise that you exercise caution and study the privacy statement relevant to the website or third party in question;
• the content or security of any linked external websites is not our responsibility;
• whilst we provide links to external websites, we do not endorse any website, organisation owning a website or the services offered on other websites.
Black Country Growth Hub
T: 01902 321 272