Energy Capital (working through the Black Country Consortium Ltd) are seeking to procure suitably qualified consultants to recommend an appropriate financial and legal structure for a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to commission and procure new energy infrastructure for the Black Country.
In particular, this SPV should enable the Black Country LEP to direct and finance energy infrastructure investment ‘ahead of demand’ where this is justified by strategic or economic benefits. The SPV should be able to recover the investment over time, with an appropriate uplift for risk. This SPV is also intended to provide a model structure which could be used elsewhere across the West Midlands Region (specifically in the five proposed energy innovation zones (EIZs)).
Invitation to Tender
Tenders are invited for the provision of the Service as specified in this document for an agreed period to be confirmed. The Black Country Consortium Ltd is procuring these services on behalf of Energy Capital and the Black Country LEP.
Submission of Tender
The response must set out the following:
• Name and experience of people that will be carrying out the work
• Evidence that you appreciate the challenges and constraints of the project
• Details of your methodology
• A project plan with clear milestones and staff allocations
• Evidence of experience in delivering similar projects
• Total fixed cost
• Organisational details and pricing (see appendix I and please use the tables provided)
• Two references Your proposal should consist of no more than 6 sides of A4 (excluding CVs and the organisational details and pricing appendix)
The Tenders must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on FRIDAY 6 September. We expect to notify the winning tenderer by Friday 20 September and the contract will start on 1 October 2019.
If you require any further information on the service required within this Tender, please contact: our retained consultant – Matthew Rhodes, e-mail email@example.com. The deadline for queries is Friday 23 August 2019.