HMRC are currently offering grants to UK businesses surrounding Employee Training, IT Improvements and Recruitment.
Businesses based in, or with a branch in, the UK can apply for one, two or all three grants.
Businesses that complete customs declarations now have until 31 January 2021 to apply for grant funding to help them increase their capacity to do so. During the transition period following the UK’s departure from the EU – from 1 February to 31 December 2020 – there will be no change to the way businesses trade with the EU. However, we recommend to businesses that they begin preparing now for future customs arrangements from 1 January 2021.
Businesses who have already received funding through the scheme have appreciated the ability to access new training and resources, and the opportunity to expand their capacity and knowledge as they prepare for the future.
Provide funding for training that provides businesses and their employees with skills to:
- Complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations).
- Manage customs processes and use customs software and systems.
Provide funding toward purchasing the first year license of a packaged software solution to increase the automation or productivity of your business in completing customs declarations. The funding can also be used:
- To buy hardware that’s needed for the software to run.
- To install and configure the software and hardware.
- For related software training.
Provide funding towards the costs associated with hiring new employees to complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations), and/or manage customs processes and use customs software and systems. This includes funding for:
- The indirect costs involved with recruitment including (but not limited to) advertising and marketing, application review and interview time, and on-boarding processes.
- The direct gross salary costs of the new employee for the first 3 months of employment only.
If you're interested in applying for any of these grants, please get in touch with our business development team who will talk you through the process and help you with your application.
Call us on 0300 770 2245
OR email us at email@example.com