HMRC are currently offering grants to UK businesses surrounding Employee Training, IT Improvements and Recruitment.
Customs intermediaries, traders and hauliers who complete, or intend to complete customs declarations, following the UK’s exit from the EU, can apply for funding for training and IT.
From early October 2019, customs intermediaries who currently complete customs declarations on behalf of its clients can apply for funding for recruitment costs.
We encourage eligible businesses to apply early. The application window will close on 31 January 2020, or earlier once all the funding is allocated.
Provide funding for training that provides businesses and their employees with skills to:
- Complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations).
- Manage customs processes and use customs software and systems.
Provide funding toward purchasing the first year license of a packaged software solution to increase the automation or productivity of your business in completing customs declarations. The funding can also be used:
- To buy hardware that’s needed for the software to run.
- To install and configure the software and hardware.
- For related software training.
Provide funding towards the costs associated with hiring new employees to complete customs declarations or other declarations required to complete customs processes in the UK or EU (such as safety and security declarations), and/or manage customs processes and use customs software and systems. This includes funding for:
- The indirect costs involved with recruitment including (but not limited to) advertising and marketing, application review and interview time, and on-boarding processes.
- The direct gross salary costs of the new employee for the first 3 months of employment only.
If you're interested in applying for any of these grants, please get in touch with our business development team who will talk you through the process
Call us on 0300 770 2245
OR email us at email@example.com