Sandwell Council and its business support service Think Sandwell are communicating with businesses in the borough to highlight the support and advice on offer to them during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Government has announced an enhanced package of economic measures to help businesses through this difficult time.
For advice and support available to Sandwell businesses and employees from national agencies, regional providers, and Sandwell, visit the Think Sandwell website at www.thinksandwell.com and specifically the Think Sandwell's Covid-19 support page.
If you would like to speak to a member of the council’s Business Growth Team, please email Think_Sandwell@sandwell.gov.uk and an advisor will come back to contact you by phone.
As an alternative you can leave your contact details and a short summary about your business for Think Sandwell and you will receive an email response from the team by the next working day.
Council Leader Councillor Yvonne Davies said:
It's absolutely vital to support our business community at this time, with real concerns about the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
We have lots of small to medium sized businesses in Sandwell, and we want them to get in touch if they need our advice by contacting our excellent Think Sandwell service.
Among measures the council has taken and is taking to support businesses in Sandwell are:
• Suspending court action for recovery of business rates (from 13 March)
• Issuing reminder notices to encourage contact from businesses, so that the Council can understand their individual situation
• Suspending the issue of new cases for enforcement agent action
• All existing enforcement action are on hold with all enforcement agents
• Negotiating repayments where possible and/or agree to a hold in recovery action for a period where businesses are struggling
Councillor Davies added:
We will continue working with businesses and looking at how we can best support them at this time.
More general coronavirus advice and information about the council's response and support available to Sandwell's communities can be found at www.sandwell.gov.uk/coronavirus